Saturday, July 25, 2009

Shhhh ...

I am an only child, who is a little high-strung.

No seriously, ask anyone who knows me, they'll tell you.

There are few things I like more than quiet. Turning off my phone and sitting alone and not talking for a day or two.

This often leads to me being a big loner for a while. Which I am ok with.

I feel like I don't get quiet often enough - not even just verbal quiet but quieting my thoughts and the busy-head that I suffer from.

And I mean suffer.

I have gone days without talking to anyone - except my mom, because she doesn't really count. She would freak out if I didn't talk to her for a couple of days. I know she would.

The days I go without talking to people are just lovely. I feel rejuvenated and relaxed, ready to face my world again.

My desire for quiet is also one of the reasons I doubt I will ever find a mate - when I want quiet, I seriously just want no-one around me.

You see, these quiet moments have become a requirement for my mental health. They force me to slow down a little and chill the-fuck-out.

I feel like I could use a little quiet time right now, but that isn't going to happen for a while.

But I shall persevere. Don't worry about me!

No comments: