Friday, January 19, 2007

It's My Party

Ok, I mentioned before that I love birthdays. While my actual birthday started off a little depressing, I am not letting this get me down. Tonight is my birthday party.

Birthday parties are one of my favorite things in the whole world. They are fun, an excuse (not that I need one) to get trashy drunk and generally ensures people you don't get to see all the time will come out.

Usually, we go out for dinner, or pre-game at my place and hit some club. This year, however, we are taking a different route. I had the BRILLIANT idea of having my party at this old man bar down the street from my house. It is usually pretty quiet on a Friday night and I figured this would be a great opportunity to check it out, and see what kind of deals they are willing to hook us up with.

Well, they have been SOOOO accommodating. We get the whole upstairs, drink specialsa and they are going to play the Ultimate Mix Tape (a product of several audiophiles suggestions). This mix tape has become something of an obsession of mine. For the past couple weeks, the only thing I have been listening to has been this thing. A) To ensure it flows B) to ensure it isn't too long and C) to ensure it freaking awesome.

While it isn't perfect (I think this may be an annual event), it is pretty freaking good. A really cool range of music and all really good music.

So yes, I am excited about something. My party! YAY!! Getting really inebriated is always a good time. I went out with a non-drinker the other day and he asked me "Why do you drink?"
My response: "So I have a good story the next morning"

Hopefully there will be some good stories from tonight.

Teddy's - be there or I will kill you! Ok, I won't, but if you are in Edmonton and not there, I will be a little less happy.


i

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

If I was in town I would be there.
Hope to see you soon...

Nikki

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Iris

I wont be able to come up there to party down with you... but if its like any of your other B-days it wont matter after 10 when you will be sipping spilt drinks off the bar with a straw.

Anyways... I hope all is well with you and you have a blast!!!

GOAT

Anonymous said...

Hey Iris,

Sorry I missed it but I really wish I could have been there. One year, I'll make it, I swear. Love you lots and hope it was great.

Kaj

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B_DAY!!!

Can't wait to get the stories, first time ever that being ahead of you in time sucks, when will you be awake???

Harp