Saturday, January 27, 2007

And where do you think you are going?

So I have this friend. For the sake of this post, we will call him Paul.

Now Paul and I have been friends since high school. In fact, said friend was my grad date. We have been best dudes for a while now, a fact I take great pride in, a) because he is a difficult person to like; b) I have said it before, but I feel truly blessed to have people who knew me back-in-tha-day; and c) our friendship is living proof of a truly platonic friendship between members of the opposite sex.

So since HS, Paul and I have remained best dudes. Of my memories of the past ten years, very few of them don't include Paul. We have lived within a 15 block radius of each other for a while, and I have gotten very used to having one of my best friends within a 15-minute walk. One of the comforts of Edmonton I love.

Anyways. Paul is growing up and it is bugging the shit out of me. I helped Paul move on Saturday. Unfortunately for me, Paul is moving out of the downtown core. Very far out of the downtown core. To a part of town I don't even know how to get to on bus. For the first time since HS, Paul and I aren't going to be just a hop, skip and a jump away from each other.

It is the end of an era. A very fun era.

Paul is also getting married this year. Kai is getting married this year too. Do you know that most of my group of friends from HS are married or getting married? A good chunk of them already have kids. WTF?! I am still waiting on a boy I like enough to introduce to my parents and these people are being adults?

I just can't think about this anymore. Paul and I are NEVER going to hang out again. He is NEVER going to want to go for a walk again. We are NEVER going to see each other again.

MY LIFE IS OVER!

Ok, a little dramatic I know, but these are the INSANE thoughts that have been running through my head. I get that I should be happy for my best dude, and I am, but I am also really sad for me too. Call me selfish. I don't care. I JUST DON'T CARE!

i

No comments: