10. The architecture - I am not even a huge fan of architecture, but the variety here is incredible
9. The art - no, not the stuff in museums, but the stuff on the street. Art is just hanging out here, everywhere. Some of it is weird, but I like the way this city seems to have too much art and needs to just plop some of it outside.
8. The parks - There are parks everywhere! Its great. For a city this large, you need little pieces of SERENITY NOW! If you are walking home and you get a little tired, you will likely walk by a park you can sit and chill in for a couple minutes - except Gramercy, which is apparently a private park. What is that about??
7. The ego boosts - ok, from a girl that often has to deal with a lack of male attention - except from Jarod and Paul, who, as much as I adore them, just don't count anymore - the men here can really boost a girl's self esteem.
6. The museums - I don't consider myself cultured at all. My appreciation for art is very limited, but I am able to spend HOURS in the museums here. It is amazing. I can't imagine what it would be like to take an art history class while living here, you would be able to see the things you are studying up close and personal! INCREDIBLE!!!
5. The shopping - I am resisting the urge to put this as number one. I am a shopaholic and NY has some of the best in the world. The shoes! The styles! The sales! A person couldn't ask for more.
4. The music scene - this is probably the only part of this summer that I regret, not taking more advantage of the music scene here. I have yet to go to the Knitting Factory or CBGB's, but the fact that I got to see Bloc Party makes it all good!!!
3. The walks - I have walked from work to the dorm a lot. At least once a week, sometimes multiple times, and not once have I taken the same route or seen the same things. This holds true of all of my little walking adventures. I walk, get a little lost, and find another part of this city that is amazing. It is GREAT!
2. The hustle and bustle - I don't know another way to describe it. This city doesn't have a downtime. It's go, go, go all day everyday. Sure, it can wear you down, but it also energizes you.
1. EVERYTHING!!! - I know I have said it before, but there is nothing I don't love about this city. I love the street noise, the pizza (I SERIOUSLY LOVE THE PIZZA), delivery of ... well everything.