Saturday, June 24, 2006

When you imagine a day in NY, this is what you should imagine

So I had the most PERFECT day in the city yesterday! I am talking there is no way that it could have been any better.

I had an amazing day at work. I am starting to get into the groove, so that is all good. I really like all of my co-workers, so that is a bonus. Ok, on to the PERFECT DAY!!!

Met a friend on Broadway in the afternoon. Walked to the Museum of Modern Art and spent 4 hours there looking at all the amazing stuff. I know a lot of people really like the Guggenheim, but this blew it out of the water. AMAZING!! They have this incredible DADA exhibit right now, and to imagine what all these crazy artists must have been going through is insane.

We then went to Pastis. Yes Pastis. For any Sex and the City fan, you know Pastis. It is where Carrie eats a bunch of times. Its in the Meatpacking District. It's this very hip French restaurant, and the food was ab fab! Then walked around the Meatpacking District and headed to the Gansevoort Hotel. Hung out in this hip little outdoor lounge, that was so cool it felt like we were in Hawaii. We then made it upstairs to the rooftop lounge, where they have the most amazing view of the Hudson River and Jersey. AMAZING!!!

Its incredible to me that people are able to live in this city! Can you imagine having things like this at your disposal all the time? AMAZING!!! It was a long day, and my feet and the blisters on them will prove it, ut it truly was the best night I have ever had in New York, and as most of you remember, that includes getting into the opening of The Pink Elephant the last time I was here. I never thought anything would beat that!!!

I know this post is a little late in coming, but I believe it was a worthwhile wait. Hopefully you all agree. Paul thinks that I should be replying to the posts y'all are leaving, and while I love the comments! (Keep em coming!) I don't think that i will entertain that option, simply b/c I think that will just take up a lot of time that you guys don't want to waste.

I love you all, and I miss you all, but this city freaking rocks!!!

Peace out hommies!

i

7 comments:

Eve said...

iris- i cannot figure it out- what episodes on sex did carrie go to pasties?

iris said...

The one where she met her gay boyfriend (the one that sold shoes) for breakfast and there were a couple other eps, that is the one that stands out to me though

p said...

see!

isn't it better to reply?


good to see that you had a good time on friday.

who was your "friend" btw?

p

iris said...

A girl can have an imaginary friend if she so chooses.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»