Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shut up, shut up, shut up!!!

The start of my China adventure started as most others, packed, ready to go, in a cab on my way to the airpors and headed to my gate - nothing out of the ordinary.

I was already really excited, ask my co-workers, I was annoyingly excited.

The plan was to meet Jarod and Steve in San Fran, hangout and catch our short 12-hour flight to beautiful, breezy Beijing.

I was close to my gate, having a beer and a snack when I got a call from Jarod. Apparently, their flight from Edmonton had been cancelled. Fuck.

My selfish mind immediately went to 'What will I do tonight in SF?'

I went back to my sandwich and didn't really give much thought to it. Really, what could I do about it?

I was people watching and saw a guy wearing a jacket that looked an awful lot like one of Jarod's and steps behind him was a dude that looked an awful lot like Steve.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

I yelled across the very busy terminal - SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!

As I ran towards them - a scene straight out of a movie - I realized that I was causing a bit of a scene.

The sneaky boys came through Vancouver and surprised me. After the screaming stopped, I composed myself and we headed to San Fran - but I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the night.

No comments: