Friday, December 12, 2008

San Francisco Treat

I really like San Francisco. I have been there several times and a) think the city is beautiful and b) think it would be a cool place to live.

I was super excited when I realized Steve and Jarod had never been there. Mainly because I felt cooler and more worldly than them both (even though they have traveled far more than I).

So, after grinning the whole flight away, we got into out hotel and took the subway downtown and went to find something to eat.

We wandered aimlessly for a bit but finally found some direction.

We headed to North Beach and Littly Italy. The first time I was in Little Italy, it was with Eve and we found possibly the best gnocchi ever. No seriously, I have yet to have better.

I digress.

Because it was so late, the boy and I had abit more difficulty finding an open resto. So, to ease our pain while wandering, we brown bagged some beer. I have to say, this has become one of my favorite travel traditions with these two. So we are a little trashy, who are you to judge??

We didn't have to walk far before we found an open spot. The food was great, we were able to sit on the patio, in December, can you imagine?!

Oh, and one of the best things (which other cities don't allow, but seems crazy to me), we were able to smoke on the patio!

We were all a bit drunk by the end of dinner. We went to a blues bar for a beer, bought some of our own and headed back to the hotel to play Catan.

A lovely one-night stand with San Fran.

No comments: