Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I had no idea

So, I leave for my China trip in two short days. TWO SHORT DAYS!!!

And I am freaking the fuck out. How am I going to get everything done? How am I going to be ensure that every project I am working on, every loose end is tied up?

HOW?!

I have never taken a full two-week vacation from a job. I have taken random days, here or there, a week maybe, but never more. And this will be almost three weeks of freedom from my job.

It couldn't be at a worse time though. I suffered writer's block last week and literally stared at a blank screen for hours. How is that possible? Writing comes so easily to me, somewhat naturally even, and here I was, wasting time, re-writing an opening sentence.

'Just write' my co-worker said to me.

Well that ain't workin'.

All the excitement that had been building up to this week has disappeared and turned into full on anxiety. When did this become my life? I chatted with P3 about it yesterday during a climb and he laughed. He thinks I am a little obsessed with work. That I am this uber-ambitious person who needs to chill the fuck out.

So? What is wrong with that?

Sorry, tangent.

It is 6 AM. I woke up WAY before my alarm this morning because I just couldn't sleep. My heart is racing, my head is busy and sleep is just not an option at this point.

Sucks, because I was really tired.

No comments: