Sunday, April 19, 2009

Whoa

Two posts in a row.

Damn!

So, why the second post? Well ... I had a great weekend. Like a lot of fun.

Here is the breakdown of it:

Friday, I went over to Priscilla's for a little dinner and some company. Miss Priscilla has become a really solid friend, and has moved beyond just being my only friend in Vancouver, but to being one of my favorite friends. Period.

Saturday was great too. I have talked about my friend Josh - he is my rockstar friend. Well he was playing at the Biltmore. So I dragged Priscilla to an early (it started at 8pm) show.

First of all. I don't think I have ever been on the guestlist before. But he got me on the freaking guestlist! Who's a big deal? Yup, it's me.

Christer (the band Josh is playing with) is leaving for Australia really soon. So they played. Again, it is so interesting to see your friend up there playing music. I hate to be nice, but he is a pretty talented dude.

Anyways, after he played, we found this random Mexican place for some tacos and beer. It was great! The food was good, the place was interesting. It was like we stepped out of Vancouver for a minute and into Mexico.

Post burritos, we headed back to the Biltmore for some dancing. And dance we did.

Also, I was super popular. I saw a dude from the climbing gym, who came by to say hi. And then my new cubie randomly showed up. Random. I also knew another girl there, but didn't say hi - I think I have talked about the whole, don't say hi to people thing.

Anyhoo, we drank, we danced, and then we went to Josh's friend's place afterwards.

It was just a lot of fun. Like a lot. And totally not expected.

Also, I like that I am finding my groove. It is likely only fleeting, but there is groove. I have friends. I have people that like me enough to cook me dinner and put me on a guestlist.

That is pretty fucking cool.

No comments: