Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Turn Around

Sometimes you just need to take 10 steps to get perspective.

Sometimes you need the space to see what you have lost, sometimes to see what you have gained, sometimes both - either way, a little room can make a world of difference.

When I got thrown out of New York, I thought I was losing the best thing that could have ever happened to me.

When I moved to Vancouver, I thought, fuck, this is going to suck.

But the thing is - it would have taken me years to get the kind of work experiences I am getting here if I was in New York. My social life would have been amazing, but Vancouver is far better for my career.

That doesn't mean I like this city though.

I don't.

It was a great work day today and I thought to myself, 'this rocks'. And it was things that I just wouldn't have had access to in New York.

So that was the theme of my day, therefore, it is the theme of this post.

So simple.

No comments: