Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vacation Highlight: Berlin Bicycle

My first jet-lagged morning in Berlin was spent flip-flopping on a decision - to bike tour or not to bike tour.

You see, before Berlin, I hadn't been on a bike in 18 years. I had no idea if it would be just like riding a bike, or if I would be the one person it wasn't like that for. I went for breakfast near the meeting point, stalked it for a while, talking to myself and reminding myself that I'm an adult who can do stuff! So sign up I did and off I went.

Thankfully, it was just like riding a bike. I was able to balance and everything, though I'm still not good at turning - all of my turns were really wide. Also, I have forgotten how to ride with one hand, meaning pictures during the tour were next to impossible (for me).

The Fat Tire Bike Tour dudes were awesome. It was a 4.5 hour tour around Berlin, seeing all the major sites, getting a little random insight into the areas, and catching a wee bit of exercise in the process. And we stopped at a beer garden in the middle of it! YAY!

All-in-all, a great way to the see the city and a fun reminder that I too can ride a bike!

No comments: