Saturday, December 26, 2009

The tale of two lives

I live in Vancouver. I miss Edmonton all the time. Sometimes, like now, I miss it more than others.

You see, magically, I have been blessed with two really awesome lives. Two lives that I can live fairly regularly thanks to the magic of flight.

Vancouver and Edmonton served very different purposes when I first moved. The two didn't overlap, and I was ok with that.

But they are starting to overlap. Vancouver is starting to become a 'home' to me. A place that I don't hate and one that is gaining in the friend department. But it's still no Edmonton.

This week here has been fucking awesome. I have had enough time to see almost everyone and spend some time with them. And good god do I miss these people and this city.

I honestly feel so lucky - I didn't go out searching for the most awesome friends in the world, but somehow, I got them. No seriously, try to out friend me. I'll win. I promise.

I come to Edmo and these people not only want to see me, but they make my trip and my time here so freaking great. And they make me wonder, would my life be better in Edmonton?

But then there's The Couve. I really do have the best job in the world. One that fits me and I fit it. I don't discredit how rare it is to want to go to work everyday. I look forward to seeing my co-workers and whatever challenges the days may bring - and they are always different - believe me, I fully appreciate how lucky I am.

Like I said, Vancouver is definitely gaining in the friends department. For the first time, I am thinking about having an actual birthday party in Vancouver. Mainly because I have more than two people to hang out with.

I just kinda wish my job was in Edmo. Like a lot. Unlike others, I don't love Vancouver enough to wish everyone moved out there. But I do love Edmo enough to wish I could find as awesome a job here as I have in Van.

That would make life pretty freaking great.

Jussayin'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unlike you, I don't want to go back to Edmonton, but I want the people with me.

But like you, my Vancouver job is great.

It's like I want all the awesome people of this world to move to somewhere where I am. I feel like a town needs to be taken over. A big town, with lots of hot dudes.

In other words, I have no idea what I want.

But I'm afraid that means the next move is to Toronto.

Anonymous said...

Unlike you, I don't want to go back to Edmonton, but I want the people with me.

But like you, my Vancouver job is great.

It's like I want all the awesome people of this world to move to somewhere where I am. I feel like a town needs to be taken over. A big town, with lots of hot dudes.

In other words, I have no idea what I want.

But I'm afraid that means the next move is to Toronto.