Monday, July 05, 2010

I can't believe

The first six months of 2010 are now a memory - and what a glorious memory they are.

2010 started with a rad Justin Timberlake, Euro-chic birthday surprise; then the Games; followed by Paris and the most swoon-worthy Swiss boy; Hawaii with the family; and Vegas for a friend's stagette.

Like Whoa.

It feels like yesterday that Vancouver, its residents and the world were getting ready for the Olympics. Here we are, three months later and I'm still feeling the Olympic hangover. Why? The Olympics showed me the potential of this city and its people. It showed me that the Vancouver I see every day is one millionth of how awesome it could be.

I skipped the immediate Olympic hangover by fleeing to Europe. I left for a couple of reasons - partly for a vacation and partly to see about a boy. And what a vacation (and boy) it was. You've read the details, so I won't bore you. Again.

A month after Paris was Hawaii with the cutest kidlettes ever. I confess, they make kids look like a more appealing option than before.

After Hawaii was Vegas. As it wasn't my trip, what happens in Vegas will stay in Vegas, this time. You can read Sarin's thoughts on the trip if you'd like.

But now I am bored. I'm not sure how the next six months will shape up, but they better step it up. And soon.

No comments: